For the first time, researchers have shown how cancer cells reprogram themselves to produce lactic acid and to tolerate the acidic environment that exists around tumors. The finding could lead to a whole new direction for treating cancer.
- Save the Date for VaDDRx 2022!
- KeViRx-UVA-ODU Collaborative SBIR Grant funded
- Paul Carlier, Chair of the VaDDC, Receives Grant to Study Promising Antimalarial Drugs
- Norwegian researchers have shown that a phosphatase (PRL-3) inhibitor developed by VaDDC Exec. Comm. member John Lazo might be useful to treat cancer
- Webster Santos, Virginia Tech drug researcher receives $2.2 million NIH grant to further develop “fat burning” molecule