The Santos lab will use the grant to take his prototype molecules and synthesize derivatives to enhance their effectiveness in treating NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis), which is characterized by inflammation, fat accumulation, and scarring of the liver.
- KeViRx-UVA-ODU Collaborative SBIR Grant funded
- Paul Carlier, Chair of the VaDDC, Receives Grant to Study Promising Antimalarial Drugs
- Norwegian researchers have shown that a phosphatase (PRL-3) inhibitor developed by VaDDC Exec. Comm. member John Lazo might be useful to treat cancer
- Webster Santos, Virginia Tech drug researcher receives $2.2 million NIH grant to further develop “fat burning” molecule
- VaDDC Executive Committee Member, Beth Sharlow Receives Promotion at UVA