The Santos lab will use the grant to take his prototype molecules and synthesize derivatives to enhance their effectiveness in treating NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis), which is characterized by inflammation, fat accumulation, and scarring of the liver.
- Webster Santos, Virginia Tech drug researcher receives $2.2 million NIH grant to further develop “fat burning” molecule
- VaDDC Executive Committee Member, Beth Sharlow Receives Promotion at UVA
- Virginia Company, Phlow Corp. Awarded $354 million to Produce Ingredients for Covid-19 Drugs
- Virginia Bio Names John Newby CEO
- Webster Santos – VT and Kevin Lynch-UVA received a $2.8 NIAID grant to Develop a Drug to Treat Multiple Sclerosis