The Desai lab has received the “Glycans in Blood Homeostasis and Disease” grant. This is a five-year K12 grant by National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute to train MDs, PhDs and dual degree holders for advanced careers in glycosciences. Only four such K12 grants were awarded by NHLBI in recognition of their excellence in glycoscience and research and training. The “Glycans in Blood Homeostasis and Disease” grant encompasses three centers in addition to VCU, including Blood Center of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin and Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- KeViRx-UVA-ODU Collaborative SBIR Grant funded
- Paul Carlier, Chair of the VaDDC, Receives Grant to Study Promising Antimalarial Drugs
- Norwegian researchers have shown that a phosphatase (PRL-3) inhibitor developed by VaDDC Exec. Comm. member John Lazo might be useful to treat cancer
- Webster Santos, Virginia Tech drug researcher receives $2.2 million NIH grant to further develop “fat burning” molecule
- VaDDC Executive Committee Member, Beth Sharlow Receives Promotion at UVA