The Desai lab has received the “Glycans in Blood Homeostasis and Disease” grant. This is a five-year K12 grant by National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute to train MDs, PhDs and dual degree holders for advanced careers in glycosciences. Only four such K12 grants were awarded by NHLBI in recognition of their excellence in glycoscience and research and training. The “Glycans in Blood Homeostasis and Disease” grant encompasses three centers in addition to VCU, including Blood Center of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin and Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- VaDDC Executive Committee Member, Beth Sharlow Receives Promotion at UVA
- Virginia Company, Phlow Corp. Awarded $354 million to Produce Ingredients for Covid-19 Drugs
- Virginia Bio Names John Newby CEO
- Webster Santos – VT and Kevin Lynch-UVA received a $2.8 NIAID grant to Develop a Drug to Treat Multiple Sclerosis
- NIH Provides $23 million for Statewide Translational Research Institute