Professor Rob Gourdie, Director of the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute’s (VTCRI) Center for Heart and Regenerative Medicine Research, previously founded First String Research Inc., which is poised to commercialize a treatment for debilitating foot ulcers in diabetics. Working with Dr. Samy Lamouille (Research Assistant Professor, VTCRI), Prof. Gourdie has founded a new company (Acohmal Research Inc.) to develop treatments for cancer patients. See the full press release.
- Virginia Company, Phlow Corp. Awarded $354 million to Produce Ingredients for Covid-19 Drugs
- Virginia Bio Names John Newby CEO
- Webster Santos – VT and Kevin Lynch-UVA received a $2.8 NIAID grant to Develop a Drug to Treat Multiple Sclerosis
- NIH Provides $23 million for Statewide Translational Research Institute
- Dr. Umesh Desai, VCU, is Awarded a 5 year Grant