Professor Rob Gourdie, Director of the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute’s (VTCRI) Center for Heart and Regenerative Medicine Research, previously founded First String Research Inc., which is poised to commercialize a treatment for debilitating foot ulcers in diabetics. Working with Dr. Samy Lamouille (Research Assistant Professor, VTCRI), Prof. Gourdie has founded a new company (Acohmal Research Inc.) to develop treatments for cancer patients. See the full press release.
- KeViRx-UVA-ODU Collaborative SBIR Grant funded
- Paul Carlier, Chair of the VaDDC, Receives Grant to Study Promising Antimalarial Drugs
- Norwegian researchers have shown that a phosphatase (PRL-3) inhibitor developed by VaDDC Exec. Comm. member John Lazo might be useful to treat cancer
- Webster Santos, Virginia Tech drug researcher receives $2.2 million NIH grant to further develop “fat burning” molecule
- VaDDC Executive Committee Member, Beth Sharlow Receives Promotion at UVA