The need for new antimalarial drugs is dire, and this work identifies attractive lead compounds for drug development as well as important probes for dissecting a key antimalarial drug target, the non-mevalonate pathway for isoprenoid biosynthesis. This pathway does not exist in humans, making it an extremely attractive, specific target for antimalarial drug design.
- Virginia Company, Phlow Corp. Awarded $354 million to Produce Ingredients for Covid-19 Drugs
- Virginia Bio Names John Newby CEO
- Webster Santos – VT and Kevin Lynch-UVA received a $2.8 NIAID grant to Develop a Drug to Treat Multiple Sclerosis
- NIH Provides $23 million for Statewide Translational Research Institute
- Dr. Umesh Desai, VCU, is Awarded a 5 year Grant