The need for new antimalarial drugs is dire, and this work identifies attractive lead compounds for drug development as well as important probes for dissecting a key antimalarial drug target, the non-mevalonate pathway for isoprenoid biosynthesis. This pathway does not exist in humans, making it an extremely attractive, specific target for antimalarial drug design.
- Executive Committee Chair Paul Carlier Chosen as Director of UIChicago’s UICentre
- Exec. Committee Member Beth Sharlow on UVA’s Fiske Drug Discovery Lab
- KeViRx Selected as Part of BLUE KNIGHT™ Collaboration for Global Health Preparedness
- Desai Grant on Factor XIa Inhibitors Funded
- KeViRx-UVA-ODU Collaborative SBIR Grant funded