The Desai lab has received the “Glycans in Blood Homeostasis and Disease” grant. This is a five-year K12 grant by National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute to train MDs, PhDs and dual degree holders for advanced careers in glycosciences. Only four such K12 grants were awarded by NHLBI in recognition of their excellence in glycoscience and research and training. The “Glycans in Blood Homeostasis and Disease” grant encompasses three centers in addition to VCU, including Blood Center of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin and Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Dr. Umesh Desai, VCU, is Awarded a 5 year Grant
- Center for Molecular Imaging – VCU Supports Research Virginia-wide
- Virginia Tech Center for Drug Discovery Researcher receives $1.2 million to find Compounds to Treat Fatty Liver Disease
- Frank Gupton receives a $25M award from the Gates foundation
- VirginiaCancerRx in the News!