Professor Rob Gourdie, Director of the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute’s (VTCRI) Center for Heart and Regenerative Medicine Research, previously founded First String Research Inc., which is poised to commercialize a treatment for debilitating foot ulcers in diabetics. Working with Dr. Samy Lamouille (Research Assistant Professor, VTCRI), Prof. Gourdie has founded a new company (Acohmal Research Inc.) to develop treatments for cancer patients. See the full press release.
- Dr. Umesh Desai, VCU, is Awarded a 5 year Grant
- Center for Molecular Imaging – VCU Supports Research Virginia-wide
- Virginia Tech Center for Drug Discovery Researcher receives $1.2 million to find Compounds to Treat Fatty Liver Disease
- Frank Gupton receives a $25M award from the Gates foundation
- VirginiaCancerRx in the News!