Professor Rob Gourdie, Director of the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute’s (VTCRI) Center for Heart and Regenerative Medicine Research, previously founded First String Research Inc., which is poised to commercialize a treatment for debilitating foot ulcers in diabetics. Working with Dr. Samy Lamouille (Research Assistant Professor, VTCRI), Prof. Gourdie has founded a new company (Acohmal Research Inc.) to develop treatments for cancer patients. See the full press release.
- Frank Gupton receives a $25M award from the Gates foundation
- VirginiaCancerRx in the News!
- Award-winning “intrapreneur” researcher Rob Gourdie launches Acomhal Research Inc.
- Carlier & Slade receive grant to develop new malaria therapeutics
- Inova Names Milton L. Brown, MD, PhD, Director of the New Inova Center for Drug Discovery and Development and Targeted Therapeutics