Milton L. Brown, MD, PhD, has recently joined Inova. He will serve as director of the new Inova Center for Drug Discovery and Development and as deputy director for Drug Discovery for the Inova Schar Cancer Institute (ISCI). Dr. Brown is a physician scientist who has expertise in the design, synthesis, and evaluation of new drugs and is one of only a handful of physician scientists in the United States who hold a PhD in synthetic chemistry and an MD. He comes to Inova from Georgetown University Medical Center, where he was founding director of the Drug Discovery Program (DDP).
- Webster Santos – VT and Kevin Lynch-UVA received a $2.8 NIAID grant to Develop a Drug to Treat Multiple Sclerosis
- NIH Provides $23 million for Statewide Translational Research Institute
- Dr. Umesh Desai, VCU, is Awarded a 5 year Grant
- Center for Molecular Imaging – VCU Supports Research Virginia-wide
- Virginia Tech Center for Drug Discovery Researcher receives $1.2 million to find Compounds to Treat Fatty Liver Disease