The need for new antimalarial drugs is dire, and this work identifies attractive lead compounds for drug development as well as important probes for dissecting a key antimalarial drug target, the non-mevalonate pathway for isoprenoid biosynthesis. This pathway does not exist in humans, making it an extremely attractive, specific target for antimalarial drug design.
- Frank Gupton receives a $25M award from the Gates foundation
- VirginiaCancerRx in the News!
- Award-winning “intrapreneur” researcher Rob Gourdie launches Acomhal Research Inc.
- Carlier & Slade receive grant to develop new malaria therapeutics
- Inova Names Milton L. Brown, MD, PhD, Director of the New Inova Center for Drug Discovery and Development and Targeted Therapeutics